RE: NON CELTICS: Bring Coach Cal back to Amherst!!!!!!! -Reply

I hadn't noticed that UMass was hurting as an educational institution when Calipari
was there.  I attended the University of Michigan also, and but for some problems
that got head basketball coach Steve Fisher to leave, that school maintains
both a high-profile athletic program to go along with being one of the finest
academic institutions in the country.

My main contention is that you can have a great learning institution and a great
athletic program at the same time.  Bruiser Flint has had a near-impossible
act to follow, and the program has gone downward since Cal's departure.  Bringing
Cal back I thought would help right the sinking ship.  And correct me if I'm
wrong, but if Camby was the only black mark on the program, that wasn't Calipari's
fault IIRC.

Sorry about the non-Celtics post, this is the last I'll say about this.

Bob G