Grading Pitino

>From: "skmishra" <skmishra@us.oracle.com>

> I may be sounding like a broken record, but  I hope all this loosing
> makes Pitino realize that his system is not working. Unless the system
> changes, acquiring Potapenko or anybody else is not going to change
> anything.  Pitino has to realize that he has a pretty good team and
> right now he is under achieving big time. If he needs guidance, all he
> has to do is look at Milwaukee and see how George Karl runs the trap in
> the NBA. I guess that would be asking for too much though...huh!

The recent four game slide (not counting the game vs. Atlanta; that wasn't
too bad) had me doubting for the first time Pitino's
coaching/plan/strategy/whatever.  I agree wholeheartedly that they are
underacheiving.  I can understand why their defense is weak, but they have
the guns for a potent offense and it just hasn't materialized yet.

You can only blame the players for so long.  If they aren't getting the
job done it's up to the GM to bring in players who will.

Then again, he's not even halfway into his second season with the C's.

Is there a real plan and we're just not privvy to the details?  Or is he
making it all up as he goes?

Dan