Re: Potapenko the Answer?

I called Vitaly a "slug", and just to be clear, it was not meant in a
derogatory way.  A slug is a snail.  It just means he's slow afoot.
He's a Celtic now, and I will root for him.  I can't wait to see him in
green and find out how wrong I am about the guy.

Now.  Here's an interesting little factoid for those, especially in the
media, and Rick Pitino for that matter.  VP ranks only 62nd in the NBA
in fouls committed per 48 minutes!  That's not so bad, is it?  The
interesting part is that Andrew ranks second, and did last year too.
So, Rick shouldn't have to do too much "teaching" to keep him out of
foul trouble.

Jim

PS Funnily enough, the foul king so far this year is none other than
Travis Knight!  He must be beating people up with his banana!

>From: KK <Kestutis.Kveraga@Dartmouth.EDU>
>To: Celtics@igtc.com
>Subject: Re: Potapenko the Answer?
>Date: Fri, 12 Mar 1999 13:59:08 -0500
>
>I have to say I'm disappointed with the majority reaction to our newest
Celtic. I think people ought to give VP the benefit of the doubt, and
wait at least until he's had a chance to play for us before calling him
a "slug" and other such welcomming names.