Re: Hell of a trade -- here's why

Exactly, this is a challenge for Pitino. Now he can't crib about not having
somebody in the middle..but where the heck is the middle in Pitino's
offense? I think the biggest mistake that he made was not hiring assistants
who know the NBA game. Last year Pitino's system was a novelty and teams
were not prepared, but this year not only the teams have figured it out,
they are making the Celtics pay dearly.

Here is why I am critical of the system:
If you watch a Celtics game they surrender all the strategic advantages
within no time (i.e.)
They accumulate 5 team fouls in  the first 5-6 minutes of a quarter.
The defense because of the press has no time to settle down and most of the
time out of position. This leaves no other option for a defensive player but
to foul.
The press forces bad match-ups on defense because small players end up
defending big ones and vice-versa.
The press does force steals and turnover but that is clearly offset by the
dunks and lay-ups the opponent gets.

Offense, what offense? we don't have one. Yesterday, after long time, I was
watching the Warriors play the timber puppies. After all those Celtics
games, it made me realize how NBA offenses are run. The Warriors are a
mediocre team with absolutely no big name NBA star, but they run an
efficient offense and defense. It is not that the Warrior players are any
more un-selfish than the celtics players, it is just that it is more
organized ball and the players understand their role.

I may be sounding like a broken record, but  I hope all this loosing makes
Pitino realize that his system is not working. Unless the system changes,
acquiring Potapenko or anybody else is not going to change anything. Pitino
has to realize that he has a pretty good team and right now he is under
achieving big time. If he needs guidance, all he has to do is look at
Milwaukee and see how George Karl runs the trap in the NBA. I guess that
would be asking for too much though...huh!. - Mishra