Pretty Good Trade, Marbury Speculation

>From: Alex Wang <awang@mit.edu>

>I imagine that Potapenko doesn't fit into the press scheme either.
>He won't be a factor in the fast break offense either but none
>of our current centers really are either.

Okay, so his stats don't show him as a dominant rebounder by any means,
but if he can help clear out some space in the paint and grab some
rebounds, he could be a big catalyst in the C's fast break offense.  If
the other two forwards (particularly Walker) don't have to expend so much
energy on the boards and guarding the other team's big people, they can
release much earlier on the fast break. You can bet Potapenko won't be
finishing from the wing, though.  :)

I loved DeClercq but he was expendable.  The big gamble is with the pick -
the C's didn't need any more youth, but if it turns into a lottery pick
(non-top three) they might have used it in a trade for a stud.

New Jersey got itself a major steal with Marbury.  Still, New Jersey has
taken some good players and helped tarnish their reputations (Buck
Williams is the only exception I can think of).  It's a poorly managed
club and I'm predicting Marbury's crippling his career by signing a
long-term deal with them.  He was much better off in Minnesota.

Dan