Potapenko & the Salary Cap

My understanding of the salary cap is that if you are over it and a FA leaves
you are screwed. The way teams like the Fakers circumvent this is by trading
salary for salary. So if Potapenko is signed for 4 or 5 million he could then
be traded for someone else making 4 or 5 million. I guess I can see a silver
lining after a nights sleep. Hopefully he works out here - although I have my
doubts - but if not maybe some other GM will simply feel he didn't fit
Rickie's system and make the same mistake. I just think that if this guy was
going to be the next Wayne Embry that the guy who traded him (Wayne Embry)
would know that. Lets hope he doesn't accidentally catch Walker or Pierce with
one of the hammerlike elbows.

George