A-HA! The plot thickens.

ESPN is reporting this tidbit on the trade:

"As part of the trade, Cleveland also gets a first-round draft pick between
now and 2001. The Cavs have the option of when to use the pick.

"Under the terms of the deal, Cleveland's pick cannot be among the top three
this year. A pick in the following two years would be unprotected."

I'll sleep a little bit better tonight knowing this. If we're still drafting
in the top 3 in 2000 or 2001, it will be a sign the leprechaun is dead and buried.