Re: Good news, bad news

Cleveland has the choice of the C's first round pick between
now and 2001, so there is a slim chance the C's could keep
the pick.  That could happen if the C's start to play well
with Potapenko and make a run at the playoffs or if Cleveland
has cap problems, and decides to wait to next season.  Also,
this year's choice is lottery protected for the first three,
so if the C's suffer a crash of biblical proportions,
then may still retain the choice.

One other interesting note: Pitino was said to be furious that
the Nets got Marbury.  Perhaps he was trying to move Anderson
for him, or had a side deal going with David Falk, where they
would acquire Potapenko and sign him to a long term deal in
exchange for Falk working out a Anderson for Marbury trade.
Who knows about these backroom machinations.

LA has the Shaq; Now the C's have the Shaq of the MAC.
MG

peter delevett <pdelevett@amcity.com> wrote:

> I apologize if this has already been broadcast, but I'm on the
digest version
> of this list. I've been checking ESPN.com every 30 minutes or so
(which my
> boss should love), and they have finally reported the Potapenko for
DeQ deal
> has gone through. I'm glad for this; however, the draft pick in
question was
> indeed our #1 for this coming summer. So we can forget about Baron
Davis,