Re: The trade happened!!!

On Thu, 11 Mar 1999, Championship 17 wrote:

> Ive been trying to find the upside of Potapenko, and I came up with
> nothing!!!  I just hope that we are all wrong on our predictions/
> analyses about the guy.  If we were just lookin for a wide bodied giant,
> we could have picked up Elmore Spencer or traded for Oliver Miller and
> Stanley Roberts.

I can understand your opinions when considering how hardworking/popular
Declerc was.

But Potapenko has some upside.  The closest comparison in playing
style could be to Ike Austin(but w/ less shotblocking).
Not a fat 280 pounder, but a physical, low post offensive threat, with a
serious mean streak.  It's been obvious that the C's need a little scoring
help, down there.

Jordan said last year that that was the kind of player that
could help the C's the most.