Just say NO to Potapenko

I think this about sums it up.  Is Vitaly Potapenko a dominant center,
or something?  No.  He's, what 6'10".  Are we going to be hearing in
another month, that he's not really suited to go against the really big
centers in the league?  I just checked out his stats and, even though
he's been starting for 12 games, he's got exactly TWO double digit
rebound games all year.  This is supposed to solve the Celts' rebounding
woes?

And then there's the fact that he's slow.  No, make that SLOW.  He's a
slug.  How's he going to play Pitino ball?  He's not very tall.  He
doesn't jump well.  He doesn't have a great offensive game.  Geez, what
the hell does he do? The little I've seen of him, he didn't appear to be
at all special.  I absolutely hate this trade.  I'd wonder about giving
Andrew for him straight up, let alone with a number 1 pick!  There's got
to be a better player out there for that combination than him.

Golden State supposedly loved Andrew, while he was there.  Why not
Dampier for Drew and a #1.  I'd feel better about that.  Gotta love a
player with upside, you know.

Jim

PS If that doesn't convince you, just imagine listening to Tommy and
Cous trying to pronounce this guy's name for the rest of the season.

I would hate to see DQ go.  Im not really sold on Potapenko, big bodied
but I dont think he's a good one on one defender, poor lateral
movements.