Re: Sorry, Jim

>In other big man news, the Warriors announced today they'll let Erick Dampier
>becomes a free agent. They say they still want to re-sign him, and he says he
>wants to stay, but the Warriors clearly weren't willing to pay him the max
>6-year, $70 extension he could have gotten. He's having an off year, but with
>his youth, size and shotblocking, we should take a serious look at him and
>think about clearing some cap space.

Yes Peter, Pitino should be working that phone hard for Dampier. Dampier
might be having an off year, but he's a project with some actual talent to
go along with his size, unlike Riley and Schintzius. Unless Anderson really
finds something, somewhere, he's going to have to go at some point...so why
not? They need a point...the Celts need a big man...neither one is working
out for the team they're on.....it might make sense. Plus...I don't see
Pitino clearing enough cap space to sign him as a free agent this summer,
and he might be the best the team can do without trading Walker, Mercer, or
Pierce.

Paul M.