Those weren't our Celtics

I appreciate this kind of up-close analysis, particularly in the worst
game the team has played in maybe three or four years.  But I don't
think you can judge anybody in this game by their performance last
night.

Here's my observation, FWIW:  the Celtics may well be a lottery team
this year.  They may require a trade for a big man to put them into
contention.  Pierce may not have arrived fully-formed as an all-star.
But the team is not this bad.  You won't see them play like this
often.  That isn't to say they won't play like this against Atlanta,
but the fact is that, for better or for worse, you can't play this bad
if you have any heart and effort to give.  Last night was mailed in.
The one thing we always said about this team was that they never gave
up, that they hustled, and that if they lost it was because there
wasn' t enough talent.  They might still not have enough talent,
particularly down low, but no Rick Pitino team is ever going to be
soft and lazy for long.

(That having been said, I am totally mystified how this could happen
after the Toronto game.  Are the guys' bodies this exhausted?  And
what in God's name is going on with Pierce?  Who cut his balls off?
Maybe a stretch in street clothes is just what he needs right now.)

josh