Re: Lakers Set To Win Championship With Rice Acquisition

To me, whether Pitino makes a trade now or later,
he's still going to have to do some type of deal,
if only to clear up cap space so they can sign someone
like an Oakley. He's making $10 million this season.
You have to figure he's going to want at least $5 m.
next season, if not more.  So where are the capped-out
Celtics going to come up with the extra space?
There's going to have to be a few Celtic subtractions.
Why not move a Kenny Anderson to a contending team,
now while he's still uninjured and his value is decent.
Anderson for Will Perdue would be okay.

I can live with Pitino not dealing the 3 future All-Stars,
but he'd better do something with the other members of
the team....
MG

damekmo@teleport.com wrote:
<snip>
> >We can all look
> >forward to seeing Antoine Walker bulk up... Ahhh,
> >what a load of crap.
>
> I have to admit...I'm pretty tired of hearing about the magic of
weight
> rooms and bulking up. Pitino and his magic powers of
transformation...see
> Schintzius. Kenny isn't going to suddenly concentrate on defense just
> because his coach does. Unless he's moving Barros, Popeye, Battie,
> Minor..you get the picture...I'm all for Pitino putting down the
phone and
> concentrating on winning as many games as possible for a while.
> However...MG...it's early days yet. 9pm on Thursday? There's still
plenty
> of time and, to be honest, I'd be shocked/pleasantly surprised if
Ricky
> doesn't make a move. All this talk of his suddenly being careful?!?
If they
> lose tonight the phone's going to start ringing and he's going to
start
> shaking and sweating.
>
> Paul M.

==