Re: Increase market value of whom?

This certainly makes sense if, like me, you believe Pierce is more
suited to the forward spot, and Mercer to guard.  You can not, however,
ignore the advantage of having Pierce for 5 years at reasonable money,
though.  Whereas Mercer will need an extension, possibly this summer.
The only way I'd trade Pierce is if I was convinced that a frontcourt of
Walker and Pierce will be ineffective in the long term because it is
undersized.  Otherwise, Mercer is the best cantidate for a trade.
Personally, I'd rather see them trade draft picks. They are young
enough, and don't really need to get any younger.  They could use an
established big man, who has possible worn out his welcome where he is,
much like Parrish had at Golden State.  My God, I think I'm arguing for
Elden Campbell!

Oh well, I can wait.  I'm patient.  Just like you tell us to be, Paul.

Jim

>From: damekmo@teleport.com
>Date: Mon, 8 Mar 1999 08:06:25 -0900
>To: celtics@igtc.com
>Subject: Increase market value of whom?
>

>So...if the above is true concerning Walker to small forward....why not
trade a package of Pierce and Barros or Declercq and maybe a draft pick
for a big man, move Walker to small forward and keep Mercer at shooting
guard? Is everybody sure Pierce is the second coming? Maybe there's a
reason the guy slipped to 10? Stay calm...just a thought. I assume
nobody is calling about Kenny Anderson. Also...concerning: