'99 Celts look like Celts of '56

I know I was not around then, but I was looking at this years media guide and
reading Red's bio I was reminded about his early teams. They ran, scored
and one a fair amount of games. They had stars like Cousy and Sharman.
They didnt move from a good entertaining team to championship level
until they got that one rebounder, shotblocker, fast-break starting center.
Yes, he got Russell and they went on a 11 titles in 13 year run. Red  was 0-6
before that.
This team is in a similar position. Yes, there is not a Bill Russell out there
(I dont think), but the principal is the same. And I think the team, while not
as good
as the pre-Russell Celts have that same feel. Also remember that
Red gave up Ed Macauley and Cliff Hagan, 2 pretty good players
to get Bill. So we may have to part with one of the"new big three"
to get there.
Barclay