A paean to Ron Mercer

I'm old enough not to get too excited about all this trade talk.  I
have been enamored of Ron Mercer since his sophomore season at
Kentucky.  He's an absolute phenom.  No one can move like he can.  And
he has shown 20 point ability this season.  He should be considered
one of the top 2 guards for the next ten years.  I would hate to lose
him.

And yet, I can't see why the Clips would let two potentially
excellent big men go.  Is it that they are the Clips?  Is that it?
I'm very impressed with Taylor and Wright is a question mark only
because he went to Memphis.  No offense, but their guys don't turn out
too well.  Properly challenged, as one of you put it, he could be an
awesome player.  Bo Outlaw all over again, and from the West.

So, if it's true, we're stacked, really stacked--weak only at point
defense and backup point.
But who would wish such a future on poor Ron.  At the hands of his
own coach.  Yikes.

Gene   I have no doubt we'll play well tonight.  I hope that
translates into a win.

P. S.:  If this trade occurs, we will have a shot at a good draft
pick since there are quite a few good 2/3s out there and I think we
would need another shooter.