Re: Clip-Celt Trade Done!!!!???!!

Geez, it sounds like a bargain of a trade to me, even if Ron Mercer develops (as
is likely) into a 20ppg scorer.

Still, it gives me one of those really queasy feelings in the gut to see a great
competitor like Ron Mercer traded to the purgatory of the Nail-clippers. This is
the same sick feeling of breaking up with a HS sweetheart or having to euthanize
your family dog. I feel bad for Ron Mercer.

Imagine what poor Dorine must be feeling.  :-(

So if the trade falls through, I won't be disappointed. I was looking forward to
seeing how Ron Mercer would perform in the playoffs, seeing how he took over the
1996 Final Four as a freshman and was at times literally un-defendable as a
sophomore. The guy played wearing a cape.

But, nevertheless, hats off to Chris Wallace and Rick Pitino. What a nice surprise
of a trade.  It will be back to square one of the rebuilding process, however,
since the new big guys have to master the system and franchise-players Paul and
Antoine have to prove they can play at a new position.

Holy mixed feelings, Batman.

Joe

p.s. Lorenzen Wright kind of looks like Kobe Bryant in his NBA.COM mugshot. I
thought I had seen a freaking ghost!
Mo Taylor shows a confident dribble and a ton of nerve attacking Shaq-Ass
one-on-one in the downloadable video clip available at his NBA.COM site.

****