Re: From Michael Holley.

>I love Ron Mercer, but if I can get my hands on Eddie Jones, I'd have to
>think about it.  I fail to see the need in the front court for the Lakers
>for Merc if the get Rice.  They just signed Fox to a deal.
>
>Cecil

The only way West even considers Mercer is if the Rice deal doesn't happen.
As I said, the rumor I've heard is that it's 50/50. Campbell is gone with
the arrival of Rodman. If they don't trade for Rice then Kobe stays in the
frontcourt and Mercer(?) replaces Jones in the backcourt. The guy has to
dump Campbell. It might work out for everyone.

Paul M.