Re: Talented but painfully young

At 11:14 AM 3/2/99 PST, you wrote:
>Don't you think you're getting a little carried away here, Dan?  Antoine
>shot .423 last year (worse in the first half) and made the all-star
>team.  This is not the NBA of 10 years ago, where you had to shoot .500
>to be considered a decent big man.  Defenses are much more sophisticated
>than they used to be and it shows.
Last year was last year, we have more options now, Battie and Pierce.
Pierce didn't see the ball that much in the 1st quarter. AW is forcing
things and doesn't have to this year. He was selected for the All Star game
because of his ppg and rebounds, not because he can make 4 out of 10 shots.
His point output will be lower this year because of other options. He won't
like it and will continue to force, till RP says something. He is a fine
talent, but he needs to be coached.

>Of course, we all wish Antoine would shoot better, and I believe he will
>once he and Kenny get into shape. Has your opinion of him changed
>overnight or something?  Like I said, last night's performance was not
>that atypical for him.  There's no reason to call him the 'goat' last
>night, if you've thought he was a hero for the last two years.
Why do we have to wait for AW and KA to get into shape? They should be in
shape!!!
AW's also playing soft, 2 fouls? It's not captain like to come into the
season in the shape he's in. What did he work on in the off season,
banking?? I haven't given up on AW, just an observation after 2 plus seasons.