charity line

I'm no longer sure whose good post(s) I'm reacting to, but I recall Rick
Pitino once quoted as saying that every Celtic who is averaging under
75% from the line is required to shoot (something ridiculous like) 200
free-throws per day after practice. He said 75% is the bare minimum for
a pro player.

Incidentally, I noticed that the Celtics are being outscored this year
by a whopping 8.4 ppg on made free-throws. Not all of this is explained
by the predictable shooting-foul-call gap (about 7.0 extra free-throw
attempts allowed). Opponents are knocking down .776% from the stripe,
which I assume is far closer to the NBA league average than our present,
lame-ass .663 clip.

Anyway, my point is that you can't necessarily blame the between games
work ethic of the Celtics coaches or individual players for our
miserable results thus far from the charity line.

Spank the Cavs!

JH