RE: Funny about Kobe

Actually, I would like to rephrase that question. I wanted to watch the
Rockets beat the (*&^%$#@!~ off the Fakers yesterday and came away
slightly disappointed - I say slightly because all said and done, it was
a former Celtic who gave them their blighted victory. Neither Shaq nor
Kobe did anything spectacular; it is unfortunate that Kobe is being
over-hyped to the extent where people like myself dislike him (it?)
intensely. Yes, he is very good, so too are Paul Pierce, Antoine Walker
and .....
Bob Costas is really beginning to sound like an imbecile. Towards the
end of the 4th, when the game had almost been put away, Kobe had a
half-way decent move against Scottie (went forwards, head-faked, pulled
back and scored). The way Costas made it sound - anybody would think the
move had never been done before. Get a flaming life! Of course, the move
that Scottie put on Kobe much earlier (in the 3rd quarter, I think it
was), didn't even figure in a re-play. And that, even for Scottie was
one hell of a move. I can't really describe it - Kobe was getting set to
take a charge under the basket, when Scottie simply changed directions
in space and lazily looped the ball into the hoop.
I think Costas needs to be kicked out and Marv Albert brought back in.

venkat