From: Josh Ozersky [mailto:josh_ozersky@yahoo.com]
Sent: Monday, March 01, 1999 8:54 AM
To: celtics@igtc.com
Subject: We Don't NEED a Center!

When in the world are you guys are going disabused of the notion that
a team can't win without a big star center?  We have three guys on the
team who can post up and play defense and rebound (two if you say,
with some justification, that Tony Battie isn't a center -- although
we havent really seen what Schintzius brings to the table.).  You need
something on the inside, and that's why we have great post up players
in Antoine and Pierce -- the Center just needs to be able to receive
passes out of double teams and offensive rebound.  If you put together
Riley's and Drew's numbers, they compare to most hotshot centers, and
unlike them, they don't turn the offense into a stagnant, in-and-out,
23-second eating- quagmire.  Trading Ron Mercer for anybody other than
a comparable talent is ludicrous, and Rick knows that very well.  Wake
up!  This is the same kind of thinking that led the Trailblazers to
draft Sam Bowie ahead of Michael Jordan.

Josh