Re: Is Rick nuts?

>I guess I'm up unnaturally early today.  The Globe
>says that Pitino is turning down the Blazers offer of
>Jackson Cato and Williams for Ron and Dana.  Is he
>crazy?  He's saying he wants Brian Grant!  He'll never
>get Grant, but maybe it's a pose to get Wallace.  I
>would take the three they're offering and run.

I have to type quickly because my coffee awaits, but if His Highness really
is turning this one down it may be because he, like Mark, wants an
established power forward/rebounder for Mercer. Cato is hardly that. No,
Ricky's not getting Brian Grant any time soon, and don't expect Rasheed
Wallace to solve the rebounding problem. Perhaps Ricky takes something
other than a defender/rebounder for Mercer, but only if that player's a
"star." Jackson is hardly that. While the above proposed trade seems to
give the Celtics more talent....perhaps it just isn't the kind of talent
Pitino wants.

Paul M.