Trade talk useless

Anyone know why any trades cannot be made until Aug
1st? Isn't this kind of stupid? Part of the whole fun
of the draft is talking trades, like we're doing. Now
even if a trade is agreed upon, we're not going to
hear about it for over a month, and if a trade
involves draft picks, the other team has to take the
players we want, and we have to wait until Aug 1st to
find out.

Sure, things are going to leak out...(Like the Knight
for Battie trade did) but we all know how important
making trades "offical" is. They can fall apart.