RE: Thoughts on K. Anderson

I like Battie in the role we used him last year... coming off the bench at
the PF and, against smaller lineups, C spots. I just think he's too thin to
be a real presence at that spot. Maybe he can bulk up, but we can't be the
first team to tell him to do that.

I don't think you're wrong in saying a P.J. Brown-type, along with VP, could
solidify the interior defense. I've said before that I believe shot blocking
is an over-rated statistic. The most important part of interior defense is
holding your ground, and VP and a rugged PF like P.J. would hold their
ground with the best of them.

I share your pain, by the way. I'm craving a good juicy rumor that actually
involves the Celtics and anyone other than Jamaal Mashburn or Rodney Rogers.

Mark