Re: It hurts

"R. Bentz Kirby" wrote:

> It hurts watching Tim Duncan and knowing where the Celtics could be.
> And answer this, would you rather have Antoine or Tim.

Is that a serious question? Duncan is the best player in the world; Walker
at this point may not even crack the Top 25. Furthermore, while I believe
Antoine generally is a decent human being, in terms of professional attitude
he has a long way to go. Duncan, by all accounts, is the consummate
professional.

I'm really glad that Duncan, with his throwback game, is getting the
exposure now, and not, say, Kobe. It's not because I hate Kobe (although
Costas is working hard to make me), but because Kobe, like the man he's
anointed to replace (MJ), is the wrong player for young kids to emulate, for
the obvious reasons.