No Subject

The one McHale moment that I'll never forget happened in the 1988 playoffs against the Pistons. Down by three only a few seconds remaining, the Celtics looked to Bird for another miracle, but an errant pass left the game in Kevin's hands in unfamiliar territory...behind the arc. After the shot went in, there was some controversy about wether or not he was actually behind the line. When he was asked after the game about the call I'll never forget his response, "The game is only seconds from ending, I'm not even supposed to be involved in the play, suddenly I have the ball in my hands and a defender in my face...gee should I back up?" It's a shame this guy doesn't still do interviews.