Re: Ricky has to be lying about this one!

>From: damekmo@teleport.com-0300
>
>From Michael Holley:
>
> ><P>There was a Celtic presence here last night. Kenny Anderson was >seen
>courtside, working as a reporter. The Celtics point guard was >doing a spot
>for NBA.com. He said Rick Pitino has assured him that >the team is not
>trying to trade him ...
>
>Not even trying?!? Nothing?!? Not a single phone call mentioning Kenny?!? I
>find this hard to believe. In any case, if the Knicks will just roll over
>tomorrow night we can get all the "Really Nice Guy" Spurs articles out of
>the way on Saturday and, finally, finally....TRADE RUMORS on Sunday!
>
>Paul M.

I'd say there's a difference between not trying to trade Kenny and trying
not to trade Kenny.  Nothing Pitino has said gives me the impression that,
if someone called with an offer involving Anderson, Rick would hang up.  I
don't even think it means that Rick wouldn't include Kenny's name in making
an offer.  All I get out of it is that he's not actively trying to get rid
of him just for the sake of it.  Many of you will find even that hard to
believe.  I don't think it makes a lot of difference, because there probably
aren't any teams that want him at his salary, and he's not so bad that you'd
dump him for nothing.

Jim