Playing Hurt

This isn't really meant as a slam towards Patrick Ewing, so please don't
try to take it the wrong way.

When hearing Ewing talk about his injury and how he can't play because he
risks ending his career, I can't help but be even more impressed by Kevin
McHale's performance throughout the 1987 playoffs.

I'm a little puzzled about Patrick's reluctance, since I think it's pretty
clear he's near the end of the line even if perfectly heathy.  Does he
really expect to get in the Finals again?

Kevin McHale was relatively young in 1987, was coming off his best season,
and had a lot more to lose by playing on a broken foot and risking the
rest of his career.  But he played on with the dream of winning
back-to-back championships.

If you don't think *that's* part of the Celtic Mystique, then I really
don't know what else could be said.

Dan