Re: Celtics Mystique -Reply

>>> Dan Forant Sr <dforant1@nycap.rr.com> 06/23/99 12:24pm >>>
Mystique is for dreamers, they usually don't get the job done, and they
live on others laurels. It is no myth that the rest of the NBA has been
beating our butts pretty regularly lately. <<<

"Mystique" hung sixteen banners in the rafters.  I'd call that getting the job
done.

And you are [finally] right about one thing, Dan, the rest of the league has
been kicking their butts lately, primarily because the members of our
current roster have shown none of their predecessors' propensity for
playing championship caliber basketball.  That consistent greatness is
what separated the Celtics from the throng of also-ran franchises in the
league.  That's the "Mystique"--being part of a special organization that
transcends a specific team, a player, a coach, or an era--and then going
out and proving it every time you step onto the basketball court.  If you
call it "dreaming" for fans to expect the current Celtics to aspire to living
up to the legacy created by the great Celtic teams of the past, then I
guess I'm guilty as charged.