Re: The Spores Don't Impress Me & No. 37 -Reply

At 10:54 PM 6/22/99 +1000, Warwick wrote:
> > And why, pray tell, would the Jazz be interested in making this lopsided
> > trade?
> >
> > Ryan
>
>Ryan,
>
>I'm a Jazz fan as well as a Celtic fan and I know the Jazz are shopping their
>picks. If they could get two second round picks for one of their first rounders
>I believe they would take them because it would take the guaranteed contract
>off of their hands and a chance to get a foreign import or someone just as
>impressive as the middle-end of the first round. They could take someone with
>an upside, send them overseas to Europe or even Australia for a season or so to
>get experience and then when they were ready sign them, exactly the same way
>that Ben Pepper is going with the Celtics.

I gotta tell you Warwicks logic makes perfect sense.  The Jazz roster is pretty well set and picking as low as they will isn't going to radically improve their roster. Plus as W stated not paying a guaranteed contract for a low # 1 is incentive enough. Taking a couple of  2nd rounders with high upside and farming them out to Europe could pay big dividends down the road when their roster needs replenishing. Yup sounds good to me. Just my thoughts and YMMV!! Later.Mike