Re: The Spores Don't Impress Me & No. 37 -Reply -Reply

>>> Warwick <giants@eisa.net.au> 06/22/99 08:54am >>>
Ryan,

I'm a Jazz fan as well as a Celtic fan and I know the Jazz are shopping
their
picks. If they could get two second round picks for one of their first
rounders
I believe they would take them because it would take the guaranteed
contract
off of their hands and a chance to get a foreign import or someone just
as
impressive as the middle-end of the first round. They could take someone
with
an upside, send them overseas to Europe or even Australia for a season
or so to
get experience and then when they were ready sign them, exactly the
same way
that Ben Pepper is going with the Celtics.

Warwick <<<

Or they could seek to maximize the value of their current picks by trading
them for veterans.  I just don't see how they would improve by adding
two (second round) rookies for the price of one, even accounting for the
salary cap differential.

Then again, they've recently found such players as Shandon Anderson
and Bryon Russell available in the second round, so maybe the Jazz'
front office is confident in their ability to scout out potential contributors.

Ryan