Re: Oh boy

In a message dated 6/15/99 5:05:34 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
pdelevett@amcity.com writes:

> Man, Phil Jackson has got to be nuts to get involved in the Soap Opera
>  Formerly Known as the Lakers.
  I have been out of town on vacation, so have not been following this in the
LA papers, so offer only some minor thoughts of questionable relevance.
Jackson stumbled onto a team with Jordan on it and managed to manage that
circus for eight or so years with a great deal of success.   (How much of the
credit, by the way, goes to Tex Winter, architect of the triangle offense?
Will he come to LA?)  However, we have yet to see if he can duplicate that
with another blend of talent like the Lakers.  If he can "manage" Clanq and
Qobe as well as he managed Pippen and Rodman, while keeping Jordan happy,
then the Lakers could be one hell of a team.  On the other hand, if Clanq and
Wonderboy don't have the smarts to blend into a team like Pippen, Rodman and
the Bulls did, then it could be a disaster.
   I don't anoint coaches with greatness until they have done it with more
than one team.  Thus, I think (ultra-loyalists, hide your eyes - this will
hurt) Riley is a super coach.  So is Wilkens.  Everywhere they go they win.
Let's see if the North Dakota Bhuddist can do the same.  Hope not.