Re: More bad news ....

I find the following the most disturbing part of the article:

>(From Peter May)
>''It's propaganda,'' he said. ''I've
>talked several times to [Boston general manager] Chris Wallace. You start
>feeding the media like that and I wonder, what's your reason?'' Scott is well
>aware ... of the rules that prevent negotiations before July 1. That includes
>faxing contract proposals. ''I don't know what they expect me to do,'' Scott
>said. ...

Pitino is simply a pathological liar. Why alienate the people you're
supposed to be negotiating with, and if you don't intend to negotiate, why
lie? There seems to be absolutely no good reason to lie about this. If
Mercer gets traded, you tell everybody why you made the move, you say nice
things about everybody involved...and you move on. Why does somebody have
to be "the bad guy." In any case, my cynical uncle has made it perfectly
clear that the bad guy, in this case, is probably Ricky. If this were a
player lying to the press about negotiations, there'd be no end to
criticisms about another ididotic, manipulative, spoiled, selfish athlete.
Again, here's an idea for Ricky. When it comes time to negotiate a
contract: don't talk to the press about it. Wow...what a concept! The guy
is just a giant a-hole. Another reason to wonder why Walker is so damn
loyal to this jerk.

Paul M.