Re: I was wrong about Larry.

-----Original Message-----
From: Dan Forant Sr <dforant1@nycap.rr.com>
To: celtics@igtc.com <celtics@igtc.com>
Date: Saturday, June 12, 1999 2:36 PM
Subject: Re: I was wrong about Larry.

>The Knicks are simply a better team. The addition of Camby is immense. They
>were always a little unsure of themselves till Camby came along. They are
>also a better starting team without Ewing. Next season he would be wise to
>come off the bench, it will extend his career. It's hard to tell how good
>New York is because Indy looked so bad, but they did do in Miami, Atlanta
>and now Indy. Not bad. I tip my hat to NY for turning it around.

Ewing would be best advised to retire as he brings nothing to the Knicks
at this point that won't serve as an impediment to success.  Success vs.
Miami and Atlanta is not necessarily anything to crow about.  So far, the
Knicks have proved that a team that can run the ball and play intense
defense can beat the tar out of any of these aging, slow, grinding teams.
After all, the Celtics did sweep the Heat this season.

>Without a healthy Johnson, the next series may just well go 4. New York
>will be back again next season stronger and energized.

I'm inclined to think that even if LJ plays, the series may well end in 4.  The
Spurs are way too big for the Knicks.  Who do they have to play Duncan?
Ok, now, who plays Robinson?  Robinson is as mobile a center as there
is in the game so I think that he will serve as a major detriment to Camby's
game.  This series looks like it will be Duncan and Robinson vs. Sprewell
and Houston.  Which ever pair dominates, their team wins.