Re: Larry sinking FAST

Van Gundy has evidently outcoached Pat Riley and Lenny Wilkens also,
so Larry's not in such bad company. Last year he came extremely close
to "outcoaching" Phil Jackson.

I think people are being a bit hard on him; he's taken a team with
no superstar to the conference finals two years in a row. If you had
asked anyone two years ago whether a lineup of Smits, Miller, Mullin,
D.Davis, and Jackson was a championship caliber team, I think it would
have been a unanimous no.

I do agree that he probably wouldn't have done well with the Celtics.

Alex