Re: Has Il Duce Fooled Us Once Again With His No Trade Rhetoric Regarding Paul Pierce

I don't think this is a complete measurement. I think Pitino just has
a tendency to positively spin all his players. He's certainly praised
players profusely and not traded them. And he's traded players that
he's stopped praising also, like Travis. I can't think of any player
that he hasn't praised at one point or another, except Dontae Jones
perhaps. So any player that the Celtics trade will be someone that
Pitino has praised at some point. I don't think there's necessarily
any cause and effect.

I think this is the first time that Pitino's actually said someone
was untradable. With Billups, he said, "We're not looking to trade
Chauncey.." but said that anything was possible. I really believe
that Pierce is truly untradable barring some sort of unlikely deal
for a superstar (like Grant Hill, as Pitino mentioned).

Alex