Re: Ray, you got the rest of the Bulpett article (tuesday)

Hi Ray, I'd go along with your word "needling". That sounds about right,
considering that Pitino isn't even going to Chicago (the ostensible point of the
article). If I were Pitino and I woke up this morning and read that article, I'd
be vaguely annoyed by the tone even if everyone around me was correct in saying
"what are you getting all upset about?"

Although there is nothing at all critical to point to in that article, I feel
Steve Bulpett is "out of character" in making fun of Pitino's glassy-eyed look
(we've all seen it!) and comparing his behavior to a "kid in a candy store"
(Pitino is probably sensitive about looking young and rather tiny).

FWIW and IMO, Chris Wallace kind of resembles in his photos the old Saturday Night
Live character "Stuart Smalley", the one who would look in the mirror and say:
"I'm good enough, I'm smart enough, and doggonit people like me!"  (I've never
actually heard Wallace speak, though).

------