Re: Ray, you got the rest of the Bulpett article (tuesday)

DJessen33@aol.com wrote:

> Celtics in shop mode
> by Steve Bulpett
> Tuesday, June 8, 1999
> But there is no question Pitino enjoyed the hot stove aspect of the
> matter. Those coming in contact with Pitino should be prepared to see that
> giddy, glassy look in his eyes several more times this offseason as trade
> discussions float to the surface. It is important to understand at such
> times that the C's leader simply loves this stuff. Pitino is an aficionado
> of hoop gossip and when a name like Hardaway's is up for discussion, he is
> a child in a candy store.

Hi DJ:

Wow, even Steve Bulpett has assumed a vaguely mocking, patronizing tone
toward Trader Rick.

That's kind of a first, I think. Up to now, Bulpett has somehow managed to
sound critical and unbiased in his Celts coverage without resorting to any
trace of sarcasm (a favorite Peter May poison pen technique, as well as my
own I guess) directed toward any one individual in the organization.

Joe