Re: Lewis & Drugs

----- Original Message -----
From: Dan Forant Sr <dforant1@nycap.rr.com>
To: <celtics@igtc.com>
Sent: Saturday, June 05, 1999 7:26 PM
Subject: Lewis & Drugs

> If the reports are true, and there seems to be substantive testimony to
> back it up, Lewis and family included did indeed stab the Celtics in the
> back. I have no sympathy for him or his family.

So much empathy being showed to someone who has lost their husband and
father.  Yep it's just too damn bad for them that he's not there anymore to
provide for his family.  The C's will replace Reggie so the family will not
ever have to suffer.

Whether Reggie Lewis used cocaine does not mean he is a dispicable human
being, for he did far too many good deeds in his short time on this planet
than do most athletes.  But for you to say that you don't feel sorry for a
family who has obviously suffered from his death is just plain cold and
heartless.

Reggie's widow is doing some wrong things, but she still deserves empathy
for having lost her husband.  None of us have been in her situation, to the
best of my knowledge, so who are we to judge?  It is fine to have an opinion
Dan, but I'm not terribly impressed with your expression.