Re: Smith, Vecsey on rumors. . .

Hi Greg:
Yes, I meant it in jest because of Portland/Microsoft's deep pockets etc.
Actually, the comment was based mainly on your earlier report that Damon is
whining about Anthony getting some of his precious PT. If Stoud isn't happy
winning out there, then maybe the team will look to trade him and then replace
him with a solid rah, rah guy who actually played pretty well for them (Kenny
Anderson), as an insurance policy in case Greg Anthony can't handle the load.

FWIW, I spent a summer in New York City the year UNLV class president Greg
Anthony first got drafted (late in the first round), and back then the kid was
pretty insufferable. He told the New York Times the day after the draft that
he planned to one day become the mayor of New York City etc. etc. He came
across as very glib and under-educated, but that was of course a long time
ago. I'll bet he's probably still a bit of a smooth talker though.

-----