re: Smith, Vecsey on rumors. . .

PS:

For those of you who don't know why Eschmeyer is a six year senior, his
first year he suffered a stress fracture that required the insertion of
screws in his right foot due to avascular necrosis (see what I mean about a
gamble? can anyone on the list enlighten us as to what this means?).

Thought I'd pass this along, since I don't have an agenda and don't want to
be accused of having one. (I have my doubts about Andre Miller too, he
always seems a bit out of control the few times I watched him play).
Realistically, I think the team needs someone like Dale Davis, but how do
you pry him away?

Here's part of Eschmeyer's profile from NBA.com:

<Picture> As a sixth-year senior, was among nation's leaders in rebounds
(10.1 rpg, 12th) and field goal percentage (.584, 10th).Named All-Big Ten
First Team for the third consecutive year
<Picture> Named to the Big Ten All-Tournament team
<Picture> Led the Big Ten in rebounds (10.2 rpg), field goal percentage
(.584) and double-doubles (15)
<Picture> Recorded a triple-double with 27 points, 12 rebounds and 10
assists at Indiana (1/13/99)
<Picture> Scored 20 or more points in 13 games
<Picture> Set a Northwestern single-season record for free throws made with
208

<Picture> One of only two players during the 1997-98 Division I season to
be ranked among the top 15 nationally in scoring (13th), rebounding (11th,
tie), and field goal percentage (11th), joining Pacific's Michael
Olowokandi, the top pick in the 1998 NBA Draft
<Picture> Led the Big Ten in rebounding at 10.7 rpg
<Picture> Finished second in the Big Ten in scoring (21.7 ppg) and third in
field goal percentage (.610)
<Picture> Set the Wildcat single-season scoring record with 585 points
<Picture> Notched 15 20-plus point performances, including a career-high 37
points vs. Penn State
<Picture> Grabbed a career-high 18 rebounds twice, vs. Boston College and
Seton Hall

<Picture> A 1996-97 First-Team All-Big Ten selection
<Picture> Led all Big Ten centers in overall scoring (14.1 ppg) and
conference scoring (17.0 ppg)
<Picture> Set the Northwestern single-season field goal percentage record
at .613
<Picture> Led the conference in overall field goal percentage (.613) and
conference field goal percentage (.659)
<Picture> Only one of two players in the conference who was in the top 10
in both overall scoring (eighth) and rebounding (fifth) and conference
scoring (fourth) and rebounding (second)
<Picture> Scored a season-high 30 points against Penn State
<Picture> Tied a career-high of five blocks at Indiana
<Picture> Overcame a knee injury, pneumonia, an inner ear infection and a
broken nose during the season

<Picture> The 1995-96 was first season in a Wildcat uniform after missing
his first two due to a stress fracture in his right foot
<Picture> Averaged 9.0 points and 6.6 rebounds overall and 11.1 points and
7.2 rebounds in Big Ten play
<Picture> Scored in double figures in 13 games, including 12 of the last 17
contests
<Picture> Recorded 18 points and 11 rebounds against Michigan State
<Picture> Recorded a career-high five blocks at Seton Hall

<Picture> Did not see any action during the 1994-95 season as he
recuperated from foot problems

<Picture> Enrolled at Northwestern for the 1993-94 season, but did not play
after suffering an injury to right foot in November of 1993
<Picture> Diagnosed originally as tendonitis, he was later re-diagnosed as
having a stress fracture, and then as avascular necrosis, which is a nerve
and bone condition
<Picture> Underwent surgery in February of 1994 to repair the fracture and
had two screws inserted into the foot
<Picture> Underwent routine [!?!] surgery in May of 1994 to tighten the
screws