Re: New article/Russell

No question to me that Russell was the greatest.  MJ is the one that played in a
watered down league.  He got to coast against a bunch of teams and did not have
to face any teams as strong as the 76er, Knick, and Lakers teams Russell had to
beat.  Jordan may be one of the three or four best, but Russell was the man.

Xavier McDaniel, who knows something about defense, conceded that Russell was
the best team player and defensive/rebounding center ever.  He wanted to say
that MJ was the best, but I wouldn't even listen to him.

Me, I wear either No. 6 or No. 17 when I put on one of my Celtic jerseys.  Not
33.  I am a Celtic fan.  But just like those "Bulls" fans that have faded, there
were a lot of Bird fans who have foresaken the Celtics.

If you are old enough to remember ABC black and white television from the 60's,
Chuck Taylor All-Stars, and Bailey Howell, then you know that Russell was the
best.

Does anyone remember the time in a TV game where they had to stop the game
because of damage to a goal or something.  (From the Russell days, not DD).  If
so, I would appreciate a post on what happened in that game.  I have a faint
memory of it.

--

Bentz Kirby
bocelts@usit.net