Re: Rumors were right

> "R. Bentz Kirby" wrote:
> >
> > The rumors were correct, Karl Malone is MVP.

> IMO, Malone was neither the MVP, nor the best player in the NBA this year.
> Admittedly, the MVP criteria are fuzzy to me. Still, whether it's the player
> with the largest overall contribution to his team, or the best overall
> player, people like Duncan and Grant Hill, even Shaq, Mourning, Iverson, or
> Jason Kidd, seem to be more worthy of the award. Given the above, I can only
> explain this voting as an allocation due to seniority.

Well, this is a popularity contest voted on by media guys so I wouldn't
put too much stock into it. I doubt that most of them do an in-depth
analysis of the candidates before they vote. The voting was also taken
before the playoffs so they don't have the benefit of seeing Malone's
subpar playoff performance.