One word on Penny:

Memphis!

He went to Memphis.  Name me a player from Memphis who hasn't been a
problem in the NBA--and who has succeeded.  There may be one or even
two, but I think of Memphis as a program that reaches for talented but
troubled players, allows them to play college ball but doesn't do
anyone any favors in the process:  their team, fans, even the
occasional "star" that leaves early for the pros.  Sorta like UNLV
East.  We have enough "stars" with the dubious mentality they bring;
give us some good team players and we'll be fine.

Gene