RE: Pacers & Refs 1 Knicks 1 -Reply

Shawn:

I question whether you actually saw the game, because if so, I find it
hard to believe that you would make the same categorical proclomation.
The Pacers scored their last four points off of foul calls on two
hands-down terrible calls.  The most aggreious of which was a blocking
foul called on Camby where Antonio Davis dipped his shoulder, bowled
Camby over, and scored the bucket [clearly, it should have been waved
off as an offensive foul].

I don't really have a problem with the no-call on Ewing's shot, or Reggie
Miller drawing the late foul on Childs--that's what the combination of
superstar status and homecourt advantage is all about.  But the Davis
non-charge was tough to swallow, especially because it dictated the
outcome of the game.

Ryan

>>> "Shawn Roth" <ufpdev!shawnr@uunet.uu.net> 06/02/99 08:03am

Come on now, that NBA game was refed like every other NBA game,
poorly.  So
don't say the refs gave the game to the Pacers, I'm sure there were poor
calls in both directions.  I do agree that the Pacers had better get their
act together or it will be a Bricks vs Spurs series.

Shawn