Re: armstrong over hardaway...

Hi Jess

The context under which the Orlando Sentinel raised the "Googs for Hardaway"
scenario sounded (at least to me) to be a bit more like wishful thinking than
fact-based. For one thing, shoudn't Googs have the same "base year" contract
constraints that Antoine Walker has?

Although I still don't understand how that base year thing works, I think I
understand the rationale: namely that teams ought to be "penalized" for making
boneheaded FA signings. Arguably, the smart teams will come out ahead.

BTW, I honestly don't see how Orlando profits by adding Mercer/Anderson to the
Nick Anderson/Darrell Armstrong guard rotation. They evidently project Mercer as
a Sean Elliot type small forward. Plus the proverbial "addition by subtraction"
thing.