Re: Jersey Red Column: One-Dimensional Mercer Likely To Go For Some Future All-Star

>       The Herald News - Sports
>
>       Wed, Jul 28, 1999
>       RED'S WORLD: Expect a few changes with the Celtics next season
>       By KEN 'JERSEY RED' FORD
>
>       Pitino is having fun. And what about those trades?
>       Don't be shocked by anything that happens. Ron Mercer is likely to go, and
>       if they can work out the numbers, the kid they bring in for him has future
>       all-star written all over him. If not, they will go to plans B and C.

Hi List. Any guesses which players have "future all-star written all over him"?  I
assume it may be a sign-and-trade, since it involves working out numbers. Is
25-year-old Michael Finley a past All Star??  How about Fortson??

I can't believe I'm actually starting to take a lap dog like Jersey Red this
seriously. At least he's a bonafide insider.