Samaki Stats

I liked Walker in college, agree he came out way too early, and haven't seen
him since he showed up at the draft lottery in that horrible white suit and
bowler hat. Interesting the Mavs could have had the OTHER Walker, Antoine, had
they not dealt their pick for Eric Montross!

6'9, 258, b. 1976

career numbers:

18 mpg, 6.6 ppg, 4.8 rpg (1.5 ORB), .6 bpg; 47% fg, 57% ft, 1.1 to/g, 2.3 pf/g.

He'll fit right in at the Celtics' free throw shooting drills.

His best year was 97-98, when he averaged 25 mpg, 9 points and 7.4 rebs along
with 1 bpg.

I for one cannot possibly imagine trading Mercer for this guy; that would be a
heist of epic proportions. Dallas would at the *least* have to throw in a #1
pick, which would seem to contradict Rick's "we're young enough" philosophy.

Walker is not as good as Danny Fortson or any number of PFs whose names we've
bandied about. And since he's set to become a FA, I wouldn't trade much for
him. Not saying he couldn't help --he definitely could-- but the price would
have to be low.