Pitino Speaks in Boston Herald

Some interesting Pitino quotes in Mark Cofman's Boston Herald column
this morning. Good grades thus far for Battie & Griffin.

------
 ``I saw (Walker) about three weeks ago (at HealthPoint in Waltham) but
I haven't spoken to him since,'' Celtics coach Rick Pitino said last
night before his team's opener against the Washington Wizards.

Asked if he was disappointed by Walker's decision to stay away, Pitino
remarked: ``The only thing I've decided to comment on is what I'm
seeing. I'm very excited by Paul Pierce. I'm very excited about Tony
Battie's work ethic.

``I'm very excited about how hard Popeye (Jones) has worked to get back
in shape. I'm very excited about (free-agent tryout) Adrian Griffin. And
Walter McCarty is also working very hard.

``All I'm going to comment on is what I see. As far as I know, (Ron)
Mercer and 'Toine could be in the greatest shape of their lives, but I
don't know that. I'll assume that they are and that they will be (at the
start of regular training camp). But right now I'm very excited about
some of the other players I have seen.''